Monday 24 October 2011

Loving the weekends.....

j
Well, I have to say I have loved this weekend. Driving back from the flower market along the country lanes I couldn't resist taking this photo. It was a proper Autumn morning and the sunrise was absolutely stunning.

I could wax lyrical about how cute the horses looked but actually its all about the flowers!!

Three weddings this weekend and they couldn't have been more different if they tried.

I think the bouquet below was my favourite of them all, the three types of roses contrasted beautifully with the hot pink freesia and the mixed herbs added to the beautiful scent.



                                                             

                                                                                                                                                                            I know I said it was all about the flowers but amid all the hustle and bustle my delightful cat as seen below got herself into another tiff and currently will not leave me alone, so whilst I am trying to be awfully witty and delightful she has draped herself elegantly across and if I so much as moved she growls in a most disturbing cat like way!! Ho hum.....



The wedding this morning was a family affair and well and truly all about the sunflower. A gorgeous dark blue for the bridesmaids and bright yellow of the sunflowers really set the venue up for a fantastic day!!

The wedding was held at orchardleigh and we decorated the stunning staircase with hand-tie's of sunflowers and draped organza up the banister, finishing it all off with trailing ivy. Making a perfect entrance for the bride.





I leave you with a photo of the sunflower wedding cake and hope that you all have a fabulous week.As an aside, if you happen to get a chance, go to Hartley Farm and check out our front of shop cause its looking beautiful, maybe treat yourself to something lovely and floral and then try a machiatto coffee cause they yummy!! As seen below.....


No comments:

Post a Comment